Monday, February 23, 2015

October 2014

October was filled with baseball and soccer.  Jackson's team didn't have any tournaments this month, but they did play locally.  Emma also had a game every Saturday that we were home.  Brendan's team played in North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.  It was a busy travel month.


b about to catch

B walk out

watch it jack

Brendan's team played in St. Augustine, FL.  In between games, JC, Emma and I went over to historic St. Augustine and St. Augustine Beach.



The kids got to pick a donut after suffering through flu shots!!!


Emma, let me snap a few photos of her in the back yard.

Emma in the woods quote copy

Emma in woods web

sweet emma bw

At the end of October, B's team played up in a 14U Wood Bat Tournament.  They came in 2nd place. Brendan caught four games that Sunday.  He was absolutely worn out, and was in his uniform for over 12 hours.  The coaches gave him the Runner Up Plaque to keep as kind of an MVP award for his efforts.  I was so proud of B for his hard work and determination.  JC missed most of that tournament since he and Maria did the Tough Mudder on Saturday &  Jackson had a game in Boone that Sunday!


b and cy



One of my all time favorite photos of B in his gear...

B catch bw

emma look at flowers web

Then of course we celebrated Halloween.  This is the first year that B snuck out before I was able to get a photo of him!  Emma dressed up as Anna from Frozen.  Patsy made her an amazing cape.

anna clean edit copy

Jackson and his friends wore their USA replica jerseys from the World Cup.

jackson copy

emma and jack copy

soccer players

We had a neighborhood dinner and passed out candy to the trick or treaters.  It was so much fun!


Sunday, February 22, 2015

September 2014

September was a nice, warm month still.


Emma in jeep sun copy

 Everyone adjusted nicely to the start of school.  JC and I took our annual trip to OKI with friends for Labor Day although on the way down, one of our friends' sons broke his arm really badly.  They had to turn around and drive back home just a couple of hours after arriving.  

Emma started her soccer season and did very well!

Emma first soccer game web


Emma let me take her out for a little back to school photo shoot.

fall foot on crate copy

Also, Jackson's soccer team traveled to Greenville, South Carolina for a weekend soccer tournament. They played very well and won their age group!


jack medal 3

team front

team silly

It started to turn a little cooler towards the end of September and Emma broke out her cute pink rain boots.

blur boots copy

With September, we really got into the swing of fall soccer and fall baseball.

shoot jack

b catcher

dad and jack

Emma to kick

Monday, February 9, 2015

August 2014

The beginning of August was spent in Warner Robins, GA for the Little League Southeast Regional Tournament.

This was waiting on the boys in the Team Hotel...

At the stadium...

DSC_2120 copy

DSC_2090 copy

DSC_2126 copy

Team photo copy

We lost our first game to Georgia.  We should not have lost.  We should not have changed pitchers, but in little league, the restrictions on pitch counts are unbelievably crazy low.  For our pitcher to be able to pitch again in just 2 days, he could only throw 35 pitches.

This proved to be our downfall because at Regionals, Little League still had the format of taking the top 2 teams from each of the 2 4-team divisions...ideally the top two teams would have the most wins out of the four.  We ended up in a 3 way tie, and by some bizarre luck, we were eliminated even though we beat West Virginia in our last game 17-1.  Georgia ended up throwing their game against Florida (by not attempting to score any runs, that put Georgia's run differential and Florida's run differential ahead of ours by 0.004).  Try explaining that to 12 year olds. 

After the Georgia game...our first and only loss this All-Star season:

DSC_2423 copy

Here is our coach breaking the news that we had been eliminated.  I had told Brendan that in all the world there would be only one Little League team that had not lost their last game.  I was wrong.

Our team was devastated.  You only get one chance in Little League to go the Little League World Series, and it is your 12 year old season.

One last team huddle...

In our last game during a pitching change, they played YMCA and the umps had a little fun in the outfield...

DSC_3243 copy

DSC_3244 copy

DSC_3245 copy

DSC_3250 copy

Brendan hit a home run in the game against Florida to score our first run.  I was so proud of him and so happy that he was able to get one more home run before moving up to the 60' x 90' field.

DSC_2635 copy

DSC_2647 copy

DSC_2573 copy

When we returned from Georgia (and it felt like someone had died), Brendan's grandmother had left this for him...these are balloons in colors of his travel ball team.

To help ease the pain a little, we went down to Oak Island for a long weekend.

The weekend before school started back, Jackson played in his first Twins tournament.  The boys played very well and came in 2nd place!

Jack FB timeline

go jack

jack about to kick

The kid's first day of school was August 25th...

Emma started 1st grade this year.

Brendan started 8th grade, and Jackson started 6th grade (both in middle school)!

Blog Design by Caked Designs