Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Great Toy Clean Out

Ok...so it only took me almost two whole days! I said no "before pictures", but I forgot that I had taken these two when I asked the boys to put away some of their Christmas gifts.
This is Jackson's interpretation...
Isn't he a great stacker?

Well, by Friday, I just couldn't stand it anymore. Why do we all feel this way about organizing post holidays?
I started innocently enough by just trying to find spots for all the new "stuff". Then it turned in to FULL BLOWN CLEAN OUT 2009!
Below are the "After" photos. I just had to capture this room on film. I promise it won't last - even after the three lectures I gave the boys about returning items to their "home". I mean for once, everything in that room has a "place"! Unprecedented!!!






P.S. Isn't MiMi's free-hand painting spectacular? She painted the boys' room three summers ago, and it still looks great!

8 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The room looks great!! I don't know what it is about this time of year, but we do this too....Something about starting the new year with a clean and organized house I guess!!

The painting is adorable...MiMi is certainly talented!!

Hope you had a Happy New Year!!

Lisa

jennifer said...

Ha! I spent all morning with Bryce in his room. It was a disaster! I have felt very stressed to get everything cleaned up before tomorrow.

I love their room!

☆ Loren ☆ said...

That is adorable! Great Job to You and MiMi!!!

Tara said...

The room looks great. Organization makes life so much easier. Well, for me anyway!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

It looks great! The murals are so neat! I love their bed as well, I'm hoping to find one like that in white for Summer and Camryn.

Cyndi said...

I am sure the before wasn't as bad as you think it was. Mine on the other hand was not going to be posted, they playroom looked like a bomb had gone off in there. I couldn't believe how out of hand it was. The room looks great and yes your Mom can paint for sure, send her to SC!!

Liz Harrell said...

Whoa, that's one clean room. And adorable! I identify with the whole stacking thing. I tend to do that myself. :)

Monogramchick said...

Will you come to my house!? Don't you love the feeling of a freshly organized and cleaned room...now if I could just train myself!

I love the mural...MiMi did an amazing job!

Blog Design by Caked Designs