Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for so many blessings in my life as I know most people are...so where do you start and when do you stop a post like this? I am at work now so I've decided to just "jot down" my thankful thoughts as they come to me in no particular order...


1. I am thankful that the sun came out today.
2. I am thankful that my two sons snuggle up together on the sofa in the mornings (under the same blanket) while waiting to leave for school.
3. I am thankful that my husband allows me to go off on a whim every once in a while and chase a dream.
4. I am thankful that springtime is just one month away.
5. I am thankful for our two mini dachshunds who love and adore our family.
6. I am thankful that Aveda hair color cleverly masks my gray hair.
7. I am thankful that my Tar Heels beat the Wolfpack both times this year in basketball.
8. I am thankful that my husband has decided not to play softball this spring and instead offered to coach Jackson's soccer team.
9. I am thankful for the internet; what on earth did we do beforehand?


AND I think 10 would be a great place to stop so...
10. I am thankful for the little daffodil blooms that are springing up here in NC.

I am home now, and of course there is much more that I am thankful for in my life. For example, a few minutes ago, Jackson came running downstairs with his notepad in hand. He said, "Hey Mom, look, I did my journal entry all by myself!". This is what I saw...
Keep in mind that Jackson is in Kindergarten. He meant to write, "I had a good day.", but this is what I read. I think there is a much deeper meaning there meant just for me. My spirits are up today after a disappointing Wednesday so in addition to the above, I am very thankful for my "God day"!

7 comments:

Tara said...

What a sweet post! We all have so much to be thankful for and like you, I'm thankful for Aveda highlights to cover my single gray hair!

We are very much alike:-) Who knew?!?!?!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You have a lot to be thankful for....such a sweet post!!

I love what Jackson wrote.....I think it is perfection!

TGI almost F:)

Lisa

Jodee said...

I enjoyed reading your Thankful Thursday list. You do have soooo much to be thankful for! I love Jackson's journal note too.

Thanks for the tip on the Aveda product. I am going to run right out and buy some!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

I love the handwriting at the end! We homeschool and some things they do is just so touching! I'm so thankful I can be home to see these moments!
-Kim

God's Girl said...

Awe... your thankful heart blessed my heart!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Love to you!

Julie

teg said...

OK, I have to know who the little girl wearing the DOOKIE sweatshirt is!

Also, do you get your hair colored at an Aveda salon? where? I've gone to the Institute here in Chapel Hill, but only for hair cuts.

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

I love this post! What a sweet note by Jackson. What a sweet boy!

Blog Design by Caked Designs