Monday, February 23, 2009

Tuffy the Tooth

Since 1949, the American Dental Association has sponsored National Children's Dental Health Month each February.
Last Friday, JC and I had the opportunity to go to Jackson's Kindergarten class to do a little presentation on oral health. We showed a video to the students, and he talked to them about taking care of your teeth and gums. We also took in "treat" bags consisting of a new toothbrush, toothpaste and floss.
I was the "prop"!!! At the last minute, Jackson changed his mind about being "Tuffy the Tooth" so that honor was bestowed upon me...y'all don't laugh too hard!!!
I know my dental hygienist friend in Louisiana is getting a big kick out of this picture!!!

8 comments:

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

LOL. Well ain't that cute. It really is awesome that Jackson's daddy got to come and teach his friends about caring for their teeth.

Tara said...

You are such a good sport! I bet Jackson's classmates will remember that visit for a long time!

Jodee said...

What a hoot! That picture is sooo cute! You are the best lookin' tooth I have seen in a long time!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh my word...that is too cute, you were a good sport to step in a moments notice!! As Jodee said, that is the best lookin tooth I have ever seen:)

teg said...

This is hilarious!!! Jackson appears to be very into his mommy "Tuffy!"

Jo said...

I must agree, you make a lovely tooth! Just think, you've given your child a life long memory!

I recently found your blog ~ I love how pink and welcoming you've made it. My son is attending UNC and loves it ~ he often calls to tell me how warm it is and then in turn will ask what the weather is in Connecticut!

Jo

Anonymous said...

Your poor little first grade friend in LA got only a mom and a dad dressed in boring scrubs to come to his class! I must admit we're kinda jealous down here.
--JEN

CarolinaGirl said...

You make a beautiful tooth :)

Blog Design by Caked Designs