Thursday, March 5, 2009

Adoption Update

dossier2

Since we received "the call" one week ago yesterday, we have been busy completing paperwork specific to the St. Petersburg region. These amended documents were notarized and apostilled, and they were Fed Exed back to us today. Tomorrow I will send these to our agency, and they will forward these documents to St. Petersburg for approval. Once approved, we can make arrangements for our first trip over. As most of you know, when adopting from Russia, parents have to make at least two trips. On the first trip, we will be able to meet our little referral, and we will sign paperwork stating that we want to adopt her specifically. At that time, our chances of completing the adoption increase. Once we sign those papers, only a blood relative may come forward to claim parental rights to our referral. Before the first trip, we could still lose her to another Russian family or to the foster care system. We are hoping to be able to travel toward the middle to end of April. My birthday is April 15th! What an awesome birthday present that would be for me, if I do say so myself!

I ask for your prayers as we anxiously await the delivery and approval of this very important paperwork. We also continue to pray that this little girl (whose face has already captured our hearts) will someday soon be a part of our family!

12 comments:

Tara said...

Just reading this post has given me cold chills. I worked in adoption, though not international, and know this is one lucky little girl to have a family that already loves her. I pray that it all works out.

Jodee said...

That would be the best birthday gift ever! Hoping everything works out for you to travel in April! I can't wait to see her sweet little face!

3 Peanuts said...

Praying for you sweetie. I hope you get this special birthday wish!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can't think of a better bday gift for you.....I will keep you all in my prayers....I know how hard the waiting period can be.

Thinking of you,

Lisa

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I cannot wait to see what your little girl looks like!!!

I'll be sure to send any extra patience and luck I have your way!

God's Girl said...

Praying for you and little Emma! Praying, Praying and more praying! : )

fleur de lis cottage said...

Praying for you and your adoption :)

teg said...

Of course I will be thinking of you and hoping you bring home your little Emma soon! How exciting to travel to Russia - and yes, what a fabulous birthday gift!
GOOD LUCK! xoxo

Monica, Brian, Carter and Cameron said...

I have been anxiously waiting an update and praying you bring Miss Emma home soon. What a wonderful birthday gift, the joy of meeting your little one!

Heather said...

I had tears in my eyes as I read this. I really hope it works out for you to have the first trip there in April. Like you said, that would be a terrific birthday present! I am praying for you.

Terri said...

What a wonderful birthday gift that would be!!!

I'm so happy for you all

Keeping your family in my prayers

Hugs
Terri

Stacy said...

YEAH........OMG - we are getting so close! :)I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

Blog Design by Caked Designs