Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Pull of the Ocean

starfish
"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds on in its net of wonder forever."
~Jacques Yves Cousteau

With all of the rain and snow and cold weather, I am ready for the summer more and more. I came across this quote today, and I love it. There is something so magical about the ocean and the beach to me. It is my safe place...it is where I would choose to live my life if we could move. Maybe one day I'll win the lottery...if I do, the VERY FIRST thing that I would buy would be my very own beach house!!!
One very hopeful bit of information though...Daylight Savings begins in just 5 days!!!! I will be so happy for the sun to shine just a little longer each day!

7 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

WOW!! Just five days! Thank you for the reminder that spring is around the corner!!!

teg said...

I, too, am VERY excited about the upcoming arrival of DST!!! The doggies love it, too, because that means longer after-work walks for them :)

Jodee said...

I agree -- It would be so fun to have a beach house! We love the beach too! Bring on the sun and fun!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

I can't wait for Daylight Savings! It's my favorite time of the year~the Spring Forward. YAY! Love this quote.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can't wait for beach weather.....and daylight savings time is a step in the right direction.

btw....thanks for your sweet words....they mean so much.

Lisa

Tara said...

I'm ashamed to say this but we have a condo at Sunset Beach and MAYBE get down there 2-3 times a year. We just stay so busy here at home. Ridiculous excuse, I know! Maybe with a child we'll make more of an effort except now I have double packing to do. And, packing is one of my least favorite things.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Have a great time on your trip!!

Blog Design by Caked Designs