Monday, April 27, 2009

NC Zoo

Saturday before Easter we took the boys to the North Carolina Zoo in Asheboro. We had not been as a family in almost 4 years so the boys didn't even remember it (although Brendan has been back on a school field trip). We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful resource close by, and I am saddened that we have not taken advantage of the zoo more.

Taken from the zoo's website:
"Located just south of Asheboro, the North Carolina Zoo is seated on a 1,500 tract of land in the Uwharrie Mountains. Approximately 500 acres of this property have been developed into one of the largest "natural habitat" zoos in the United States. You won't find cages made of steel and concrete here! Our animals are given enclosures that mimic their natural habitats to include trees, ponds, rocks, grass and dirt."

We had a great time, and I took a lot of photos that you can view in the following slide show if you like.


6 comments:

Jodee said...

Cute zoo pictures! It looks like you had a blast! We love going to the zoo too!

Tara said...

When I lived in Asheboro, we lived within 10 miles of the zoo. Do you know I have probably been to the zoo like 5 times in my almost 30 years. My last trip was in 1998! That's bad!

teg said...

I've always wanted to take Abby. Maybe you, the boys, Maria, Abby and I should plan an outing!

Heather said...

I am so glad that you had a nice trip to the zoo. Our son loved it; we should take him again soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

These pictures are so cute!! Looks like you all had a great time at the zoo.....I want to tak Sarah to the Philly zoo one of these weekends!!

Take Care,

Lisa

Shell in your Pocket said...

Looks like a wonderful time!
sandy toe

Blog Design by Caked Designs