Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thankful Thursday

20090607-DSC_0708



Today I want to post on all the things that we are thankful for since I know that I was griping and complaining in my post on Monday.

This is what is making all of the frustrations, extra work, extra money and emotional stress soooooo worth it:

1. Falling in love with our precious Russian Princess
~ I did not believe in "love at first sight" until they brought Emma to us that first visit.


2. Constantly looking at photos of that amazing little girl
~ We are so fortunate to have about 800 photos from our visits with Emma thanks to Tania. She was amazing and just picked up our camera and started shooting!!!



3. Remembering how it felt to hold Emma in our arms and love on her while we were visiting

4. Figuring out what would make her smile and laugh

5. Watching our boys look at her photos with wonderment


6. Knowing that she is in one of the better Baby Homes with caregivers who love her

7. Getting excited about finishing Emma's room

8. Giving thanks for finding Emma so healthy and developmentally on target

9. Planning our next trip over to Russia for court

AND

10. Realizing that the faster we can renew our paperwork, the faster we get to see that sweet little face again in person.

Thanks to you all for your words of encouragement and your prayers for our family. We feel everyone's love and support, and it is truly making a difference.

We also give thanks and praise to the Great Lord Above for uniting this precious little one with our family. She is even more than I ever could have imagined. We feel blessed beyond what we deserve!!!
"This is the LORD'S doing; It is marvelous in our eyes."
~Psalm 118:23

7 comments:

Jodee said...

I enjoyed reading your Thankful Thursday list! I can't wait to see her sweet little face! You are soooo blessed!

teg said...

Can't wait to see the photos!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Would you mind if I linked you on my blog list?

Mandi said...

I cannot wait until you are able to post pictures of your sweet daughter.
You are going to absolutely LOVE having a daughter.
Do you have any idea when you will get to bring her home?

BTW, if you get a chance check out our blog for a raffleaway.

Mandi

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I can hardly wait to see her beautiful face....and even better yet, see her in your arms!! You have so much to be thankful for....I am so happy for you!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Lisa

Shell in your Pocket said...

I hope you see her VERY soon!!!
sandy toe

fleur de lis cottage said...

What a wonderful and thankful post. It is all so worth it. Can't wait to see those wonderful photos and Emma in your forever arms.

Blog Design by Caked Designs