Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Emma's First Day of "School"

It's that time already!!! Emma went to her first day of daycare on Monday. She is at an excellent church daycare here in our hometown. I have had her on the waiting list there since October 2008 - even before we saw her sweet face.
So far Emma has done well at "school". The first afternoon that I picked her up, one of the teachers told me that she is such a "good child"..."better than most of the other kids in the class." Well, of course we already knew that! I've said from day one that Emma is easier than both of our boys!
Here is a photo of Emma and Dad leaving for school Monday morning...her first day!

20100104-(11 of 335)

Don't forget...one more day to leave a comment for my 200th post giveaway. You can do that here!

15 comments:

Julie Leah said...

How cute are they? Look how happy she is!!

Tara said...

I bet she loves it and just goes in and starts playing. She just looks social like that. I'm planning to start A in half-day preschool 3 days a week when he turns 3 though they start these days at 1!! I couldn't believe that.

katrina said...

How Cute! She looks Happy.

fleur de lis cottage said...

How sweet...glad daycare is going so well for you Emma!!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I am so glad she did so well. It sounds like an incredible little school. Man, is she a Daddy's girl or what?!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Was it hard for you to leave her? Somehow it is easier to leave them when they are happy though...so you probably did well! I noticed that daddy took her...maybe to alleviate the sadness?! PRECIOUS baby girl!

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

she is precious..what a blessing to your family. Your husband looks so happy and proud as well.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy New Year my friend!!

She is such a sweet girl. You can see that she has that easy going personality! I am happy to hear that she is doing so well. I bet her teachers just eat her up:)

xo,

Lisa

Jodee said...

Way to go, Emma! Cute daddy/daughter picture!

Over-Caffeinated said...

I just love that she is smiling for the camera now. I bet she never knew life could be so good! :)

bevy said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I'm really nothing special, but my husband is truly AMAZING! Part II will tell how we met... that's my teaser!

Oh, and you forgot to say that your sweet Emma was also the smartest child in the class as well - with the best manners and artistic talent!!! (this coming from a mom of incredible children herself!) Love reading about her and the rest of your family!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

What a blessing!!
My little ones LOVE school!!! Hopefully Emma will too.

CarolinaGirl said...

I hope she had a great day at "big girl school"! Daddy is beaming!

3 Peanuts said...

She looks so happy to be going to school:) Glad it went well.

Terri said...

Emma is so beautiful and so happy :) Love the pic!

So glad "school" is going well!

Hugs
Terri

Blog Design by Caked Designs