Sunday, January 24, 2010

Emma's Sweet Shoppe

Happy 2nd Birthday Emma!!!
We celebrated Emma's birthday yesterday with a Sweet Shoppe Party.

emma invite

Four of Emma's friends and our families came to help celebrate Emma's second birthday with us. All morning we had been telling Emma "Happy Birthday", and by the end of the day, she could also say it. Very Sweet.
Here are LOTS of photos of Emma's big day. Although I know she won't remember this particular birthday, I think she felt very special!

20100123-(67 of 396)

20100123-(54 of 396)

I made lollipop topiaries for either side of the front door. They turned out really cute.
Since the theme was a sweet shoppe, I bought lots and lots of candy for everyone to take home with them. Too bad the majority of it was still here after everyone had left. I think I'll send it to JC's dental office in the morning. Ha Ha!

20100123-(21 of 396)

20100123-(13 of 396)

20100123-(9 of 396)

Here is the sign hanging above the candy bar. I cannot take credit for this. Many of my ideas came from this very talented blogger.

20100123-(8 of 396)

And this is the centerpiece that I literally threw together just 2 hours before the party.

20100123-(1 of 396)

Instead of a traditional cake, MiMi made wonderful cupcakes for the party. They were eye candy.

20100123-(98 of 396)

20100123-(113 of 396)

20100123-(110 of 396)

Emma waits for her guests to arrive...

20100123-(66 of 396)

Sarah (our Goddaughter) was the first to arrive. She was so cute. She wanted to have her picture made with Emma by the giant lollipops.

20100123-(123 of 396)

After everyone arrived, the girls got to choose a bear from a Bu*ild A Bear kit that I bought. Thankfully MiMi and Katie had taken these and sewn them up for the most part before the party. Mom had even divided each bear up with all of her "stuff" and put them in large baggies for me. I made initial monogram gift bags for the girls to take their bear home in...

20100123-(41 of 396)

And here are the Moms and girls stuffing their bears after gently kissing the hearts that they placed inside.

20100123-(139 of 396)

20100123-(145 of 396)

20100123-(180 of 396)

Here is Abby with her completed bear...

20100123-(179 of 396)

And Emma hugging her new bear after Patsy had sewn her up.

20100123-(168 of 396)

The last thing we did was sing "Happy Birthday" to Emma. She sure did love the spotlight. It was very cute.

20100123-(189 of 396)

20100123-(190 of 396)

20100123-(191 of 396)

20100123-(193 of 396)

And her face says it all...

20100123-(209 of 396)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL. WE ARE SO GLAD YOU ARE OURS.

20100123-(136 of 396)

25 comments:

Bamawhitney said...

She is so beautiful! love her birthday outfit!

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Oh my gosh! What an adorable party! Happy Birthday sweet Emma!

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl - love the party idea...and I think Emma did too :)

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely precious. I know you are bound to just sit and stare at her all the time.

Happy Birthday Cutie Pie!

Mom and Dad you got some fun teenage years ahead of you if she stays as cute as she is now! LOL!! Oh well at least it is another 12 or more years away. LOL!!

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oh Corey how wonderful it is to see her with her forever family celebrating her birthday!!!

Blessings to you guys, Ashley

Henley on the Horn said...

What an adorable birthday party! What a sweet girl:)

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Loved everything about the party. You did such a wonderful job. Isn't it fun to have a girl???!!!
Ok..the pictures were wonderful, but I have to say my favorite is the one of her getting ready to take a big bite of her cupcake!

Oh and that tutu...I could go on and on.

Happy Birthday Emma!!!

ckennholla said...

These pics bring tears to my eyes, you are fortunate to have Emma as a part of your life and the smile and twinkle in her eyes tells the whole story ... Happy Birthday Emma!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Emma!! I know how much fun your Mommy had doing this party for you~

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh my goodness...what a party! I love this idea. How did you make the giant lollipops by the door? She looked adorable in her tutu, boots and CUTE sweater! Wasn't it so much fun celebrating a girl?!

Carrie said...

What a great party! Looks like too much fun! Happy Birthday Emma!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh, and YES, Nonny has a playroom for all the children in her life!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Seriously, she is totally gorgeous. And that photo of her hugging that rabbit just melts my heart.

Jodee said...

What a "sweet" party! Everything looked adorable! Happy Birthday to your precious girl!

P.S. I adore Bethany at Hissyfits. I am borrowing her zebra invitation wording for Kamree's upcoming party!

CarolinaGirl said...

She looks beautiful, and the party was precious! Happy Birthday Sweet girl!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Happy Birthday Emma. What a great party you had. Love the last pic....cute as can be!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!! What a wonderful bday party you had......you looked so cute in your special bday girl tutu....and boots:) LOVED THE OUTFIT!!! Everything looked adorable......you really know how to throw a party:) Hope you enjoyed the day!

xo,

Lisa

bevy said...

What a sweet party! (Get it? "sweet" LOL) I love Emma's Mimi's cupcakes. They were beautiful! Where were the boys? They didn't want a stuffed bear or bunny? You did good, girl!

teg said...

Looks like Emma had a successfully fabulous first Cuthrell birthday! Thanks for the added bonus of viewing a photo of my sweetest niece. xo

redpoppy007@aol.com said...

what a pretty theme! Love her little sweet face all smiles.
Happy Birthday to Emma.

smcvicker said...

What a precious little girl and a fun party!

Susan R said...

I just came across your blog, not even sure how I found it. What a beautiful story and beautiful family you have. I read your blog all the way back to the beginning and it was like reading a real life fairy tale. I'm so thrilled for your family. What a blessing your little girl is as well as all of your children. God Bless
Susan

Heather said...

The colors look so pretty. I love the lollipop topiaries!

Anonymous said...

Memory sure is becoming cheaper these days. I'm curious as to when we will finally reach the rate of $0.01 to 1 Gigabyte.

I can't wait for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB harddrive, lol. But for now I will be happy with having a 16 GB Micro SD in my R4i.

(Posted on FPost for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Blog Design by Caked Designs