Sunday, July 4, 2010

"We sleep peacefully at night, cradled by the big strong hands of America." ~Val Saintsbury

I have to admit that I am a little sentimental this 4th day of July, 2010!!!




20100703-(9 of 408)








Looking back over the past Independence days that I can remember, July 4th always seemed to mark the absolute PEAK of summer fun! I remember cook outs with homegrown watermelons and homemade vanilla and peach ice cream at my great grandparents' house. I remember spend the nights with my cousin. I remember celebrations at our local pool that always involved awesome games - including diving for money which covered the entire pool floor. And I remember my first real trip to see fireworks with the other summer campers...I thought we stayed out soooo late! As an adult, my favorite Independence Days have been watching the most amazing fireworks show at Camp LeJeune! Those Marines really know how to put on a show celebrating our God-given right as Americans - FREEDOM! This year will also be an Independence Day that I won't forget!








Thank you Mother Russia for giving us Emma!


russia



She will always hold her heritage close to her heart, but Emma is now an American daughter; our little Southern girl!




20100703-(92 of 408)





So we will teach Emma what it means to be an American; how to respect our country's birthday; and most of all how to celebrate her new found FREEDOM!




This is the stuff dreams and memories are made of...



20100703-(56 of 408)







"Star-spangled happiness and banner waves of pride."


~ Cherishe Archer



20100703-(105 of 408)





*Russian Flag from www.flag-zone.com

9 comments:

Jodee said...

What a sweet post! I love, love, love these beach pictures! Emma's dress is just adorable!

Hope you have a great 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Corey,
This morning, on this very important day to all Americans, this post showing your patriotism causes me to swell with pride and weep tears of joy that our beautiful Emma is safe in the arms of our country's freedom.
How blessed we are to live in this wonderful country where brave soldiers risk their lives to keep us safe. Though many are on distant shores, we will not forget the price they pay for our freedom
God Bless the USA, MiMI

fleming Fab 5 said...

love it!!!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

That last picture is just beautiful. Happy 4th of July!

teg said...

Great pics - love Emma's dress!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I LOVE this post. So amazing.

Her dress is very sweet. Beautiful family!

3 Peanuts said...

SO beautiful! Kate had a very similar dress on too;)

Anonymous said...

SOOOOO precious!!!!

Carrie said...

Great post!!!

Blog Design by Caked Designs