Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Little Hula Girl

Black and White Wednesday

This winter, when I was dreaming of warmth and sunshine, I found a couple of yards of Alexander Henry tropical fabric that I fell in love with...

huladress

Emma's Patsy (my MIL) was kind enough to "whip up" a fabulous little sundress for Miss Emma using these two fabrics. It is just adorable.

hulaback

The first time Emma wore her Hula Girl dress, I talked her into letting me snap some photos...
hula

hula1

hulasmile

And in Black and White...
hulasmilebw copy

hulateethbw copy

hulastarebw

hulamom2bw copy

hulasmile1

"In a world that needs more dancing
She's a hula girl at heart!"
~Jimmy Buffet

10 comments:

Patsy said...

And she wears it so well! Love my hula girl !

teg said...

I love it! You are SO lucky to have such a crafty MIL :)

likeschocolate said...

What a darling dress and cute girl!

Tara said...

Lucky...my thoughts exactly! Can we please trade MILs? Nah, I wouldn't do that to you!! Emma is the perfect little hula girl model!

Barrett said...

That is great fabric! I love that pattern. Your MIL did a great job with all of the polka dotted piping... if I am seeing it right. Your Emma reminds me of my youngest daughter when she was that age, she is now 14. :(

Barrett said...

Sorry for leaving two comments in a row. I didn't see an email address. Our beach house IS at Ocean Isle. We love it there. I did feel like I should mention it on my blog right now for personal reasons even though I have mentioned OIB many times before. It is a long story. I have not been to Oak Island in a very long time. I know it has probably changed so much, just like all of the beaches in that area. loodom@nc.rr.com

Love Being A Nonny said...

LOVE that material! She is adorable with that on!

Carrie said...

I love this post!! Cute dress!! Beautiful girl!! Great quote!!!

Dawn Garlow said...

Emma's dress is so cutesy! Her Patsy is fabulous seamstress! I wish I could so... notice, "wish"... I don't have the actual "gumption" needed to learn such an extreme skill! ha :o)

These pics are adorable! {{as always}} :o)

God's Girl said...

Emma is growing up so fast! I always enjoy seeing your photos! May the Lord bless you and your precious family!!!

Your beach photos are amazing!!!

Love Julie

Blog Design by Caked Designs