Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend Move

Well this weekend was the big move.

All along, JC and I have been moving over boxes that we keep in storage rooms - like holiday decorations and things from childhood that I cannot part with yet.  That was just a drop in the bucket to what needed to be moved though.

We also didn't want to move many of our personal or expensive things while workers were in and out of the house.  A lot of house keys were given out over the course of the summer to many different subcontractors.

That meant that we really needed to wait and move almost everything once the work was completed inside.

Last week we tried to box up fragile items and clean out drawers.
box

Friday we rented a 10' U-Haul truck for the day and moved a lot of boxes and the kids' mattresses.
uhaul

I knew it would be a long day so while JC was picking up the truck, I went through Bojangles for some sweet tea and a cajun filet biscuit.  You've got to have fuel when you move!!!
photo-99

Friday afternoon these delicious homemade blueberry muffins were delivered to our house for our first morning in the house!  Thank you Mrs. Linda!
muffins

Six o'clock came way too early Saturday morning.  JC and I were up and at the rental house to meet the movers at 7am.

This time around we had the best moving crew.  I am not kidding when I say that we had the least amount of damage to furniture and walls than ever before.  That was a huge relief.
sun truck

The day started off beautifully, but by the afternoon, a storm blew through.  Thankfully all of our nice indoor furniture had already been unloaded.
rain truck

Our parents were a huge help on Saturday as well.  My mom spent the night and was there to stay with the kids Saturday morning, and then JC's parents took all three kids to Brendan's baseball tournament while my mom stayed to paint Jackson's room.  After the game, Emma went home with JC's parents for the night, and both boys had spend the nights with friends.  That allowed JC and I to pretty much collapse and organize what we had moved over in the kitchen thus far (we still have things in the rental).

On Sunday, Brendan ended up playing three more games.  He was at the field from about 8am until 6:30! They won the entire tournament in their age bracket though!  
tournament champs 9:9:12

It was so cool last night, which is a big change for us so JC opened some windows in the house.  When we finally were about to go to bed, this hornet flew into our bedroom.  It was HUGE.  The photo does not do it justice.  JC was throwing things at it to knock it to the ground.  He finally got it, and we flushed it down the toilet.  I'm thinking the pest control guys need to come out this week.  This is the second one that I saw this weekend.  YIKES!
hornet

All in all it was a successful weekend.  I wish that I could say we are completely moved in, but we are not.  We have to finish moving the kitchen, a storage room and all of our closets!  :(

I know we will get there, but I am so ready to be settled!!!

On a happy note, the new shutters are here, and are ready to be hung.  I love them!
shutters

3 comments:

Tara said...

Can't wait to see it all finished! This has been a long journey for your family and I know you are certainly ready to be settled. Congrats to Brendan and his team for a great year!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

I cannot WAIT to see the rest!!!!

Shirley Slee said...

Thanks for sharing your journey, I feel your pain, and also your joy, it's hard work but exciting at the same time!

Blog Design by Caked Designs