Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Long Weekend, Mountains and Snow Tubing

This past weekend our friends from the beach drove up for a visit. We all went up to the mountains of NC for more snow tubing. It was FRIGID out! The temperature was only 19 degrees, but the sun was out so it didn't feel too unbearably cold. Since it was a holiday weekend, the resort was so crowded. Our tubing session was 1 hour and 45 minutes, but we only had time to go down four times due to the long lines!

I packed my camera again, but this time I changed to the long range lens so that I could actually take a few photos of them tubing! I am going to try out a slideshow for the first time on the blog since I took so many photos that I would like to share.



Also, today is our first snow day! We woke up to only about an inch of snow, but that will get you out of school here in NC! The boys are very happy, and I just bundled them up and sent them out to play.


3 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like you all had such a good time tubing!!

The pictures are fantastic....I love the slideshows because you can view them at full size.....Loved your leaopard hat:)

Enjoy the snow day!!

Lisa

Jodee said...

It looks like you had a great weekend. The tubing pictures are soooo cute! I love your hat too!

teg said...

the boys would've loved it here - we got about 5 inches!

Blog Design by Caked Designs