Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Moment

Every call has a beginning.
A quiet moment when God whispers a promise to a mother’s heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts the journey set before him
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns…
Casting its first light on a chosen threshold
A gentle knock...
A closed door opens.
A sacred invitation sent by the Father...
Leads to the other side of the world.
Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care...
And then one morning,
On an ordinary day
An orphan’s life changes...
God sends them a second chance...
Through you...
~ author unknown

This time last year (the 3rd week of February), I had my quiet moment; I heard God's whisper in my heart! Although it was not the first moment when my husband and I discussed the possibility of having a third child, this was the moment when I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we would adopt a little girl.

I can only pray that our "ordinary day" comes soon; that Emma's life will change and that she will get that second chance - the promise of a loving family.

10 comments:

Tara said...

I'm excited for your family. Emma is a lucky little girl and hopefully she will get to come home soon.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Such a beautiful and sweet post.....Keep the faith my friend.....your blessing will be here before you know it and when you least expect it!!

Hugs,

Lisa

jennifer said...

I'm hoping with you. Love the poem.

Jodee said...

What a sweet post! I am hoping and praying Emma gets to come home soon to her forever family!

God's Girl said...

Oh... thanks for sharing that great poem. I am still praying for you as you wait. God's timing will be perfect. He is not slow according to His promises. : )

Kelly said...

This was beautiful. Praying your family is completed soon, and when Emma arrives, this poem should grace the walls of her room- what a beautiful thought for a much wanted little girl.

Stacy said...

Hi......what a beautiful post! ;) The day has to come soon and we are still praying with for you. I can't wait to open your blog one day and read your caption that you are going to get her! ;)

Stacy

Heather said...

I am praying for you too, and hope you get that call soon!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

Beautiful poem. I'm hoping and praying that Emma comes home, soon.

Heather said...

Cannot wait to meet little Emma. She is going to be one little girl having a family that will love her forever & ever!

Blog Design by Caked Designs