Friday, December 30, 2011

Emma's First Nutcracker Ballet

I was so excited to take Emma to the Nutcracker Ballet this year.

You may remember this post where I shared about our family tradition of attending the Nutcracker performed by the NC School of the Arts. Unfortunately we took last year off. The boys were not interested at all, and I just didn't feel that Emma was old enough.

This was the year to start that tradition for Emma. I have to admit that I was especially excited to introduce Emma to this part of her Russian heritage.

lunchinvite
A group of Emma's friends and moms (and one nana) came over for lunch just before the show.

I begged the girls to stand still for some photos. That was a little difficult. They were so excited!
crazy girls nutcracker

emma khloe nutcracker

good nutcracker blurry
This is the best photo I could get of all three girls. In addition to all the movement, my camera has been acting a little funny. I really need to send it off for someone to fix it.

KKat Nutcracker

ESPOs Nutcracker

GIRLS Nutcracker

We all had a fabulous time as expected. Each of the girls also bought a ballerina Christmas ornament for their trees as a memento.

4 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Sounds like you had a fun time at the Nutcracker. What a great idea to have a little lunch before. I love your dress. I ordered that in Navy and had to send it back. I was self conscious of my chest in it (I am a 32D!) but looking at it on you...it looks GREAT and I am kinda wishing I kept it.

I hope you all have a GREAT new year!

KEspo said...

LOVED every minute of that day. So very special for our girls and us Mamas.

Michelle said...

Coming out of "lurkdom" to comment! The Nutcracker is my most favorite Christmas memory. My grandmother took me every year until she passed away. We went to see the Cincinnati Ballet, it was a magical day. Sometimes we went to high tea and sometimes just lunch, it just depended. I was so lucky to go to a fundraiser for the Ballet where I actually got to bid on the shoes that the little girl "Kimberly Hunt' wore as Clara. She autographed them for me. It is a wonderful tradition for all of you. My brothers (one is a college baseball coach, and the other is big, burly guy) went and some years they didn't enjoy it so much, but they came to recognize and appreciate the tradition. We still talk about the memories with Grandma. This was my third year of not going and it is one piece of Christmas I truly miss. Next year will be different!

Jodee said...

It looks like you guys had sooo much fun! Cute pictures!

Blog Design by Caked Designs