Monday, February 13, 2012

Brendan and Jackson

Some of you may remember my blog post about Brendan and Jackson raising money for their camp after Hurricane Irene caused major damage back in August. I blogged about it at least once...you can see that here.

I meant to do a more detailed blog post about the Corn Hole Tournament that they hosted to raise money, but I don't think I ever did with everything that we had going on this fall.

The boys ended up raising over $1600 for Camp Don Lee, and their youth group at church raised an additional $420 by holding a bake sale one Sunday.

One night back in October, we had a staffer from camp come to our house and video the boys talking about their experience and why they felt the need to help out the camp that they love so much.

We just received a copy of the video this weekend, and I would really like to share it with you guys as well.


We are so proud of these boys and their strong desire to help out ~ in such small ways at first. This need to "help" just kept growing and growing until they far surpassed their goal!

3 comments:

Dawn Garlow said...

This is great!! Thanks for telling me about it. The boys did an awesome job raising this money! I'm proud of both of them. :)

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

yay, love how the ideas just grow and then get bigger and bigger and they accomplished so much.

Missy Minicucci | The Rinfret Group said...

oh my gosh- it doesn't get much cuter than ur little ones!!

Blog Design by Caked Designs