Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hot Ham & Cheese

We have been crazy busy lately...Thanksgiving, illness (me and Brendan), a couple of trips (NYC and LV) and JC and I preparing for and running in a race (more on that later).

With that being said, cooking and meal planning has been quite an added chore.

Yesterday was our first day back to work in a week, and it was also the first time I had gone to the grocery store since last Monday (as in November 26th)!!!  I was trying to think of something easy to make and remembered my friend's recipe for Hot Ham & Cheese sandwiches!  As I was making these last night I snapped a few photos with my iPhone so that I could put the recipe on the blog and Pinterest.  I normally have to sort through pages of emails to find it...yes, I keep certain recipes this way.  It's not efficient.

Anyhow, here is the recipe!  Enjoy!

HOT HAM & CHEESE SANDWICHES

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup yellow mustard
2 TBSP grated onion
1 TBSP poppy seeds
8 slices (or more depending on thickness) HAM
8 slices Swiss cheese
8 hamburger buns/potato rolls

ingredients

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream butter, mustard, onion and poppy seeds.  (I don't usually measure these out exactly, and last night I left out the poppy seeds altogether because we are out.)   Spread mixture on hamburger buns and top with ham and cheese.

open

Wrap each sandwich in foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Serves 8

tin

We sat down to eat so quickly that I forgot to snap a photo of the finished sandwich.  They were delicious as usual!

4 comments:

Barrett said...

These are one of my favorites. I make them on little brown and serve rolls and use them as appetizers. I take them to our tailgates. I have never thought of doing them "big" for dinner. Great idea.

Jodee said...

Those look soooo delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Corey, not sure if I ever told you when I gave u the recipe but they are also great in the AM with a fried egg on them!!!! :). Jeff and I usually fight for the leftovers after a party...Kristen kat

katrina said...

Great Idea. I might use it for dinner tonight

Blog Design by Caked Designs