Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jackson's 10th Birthday Surprise ~ Part 3

For the last post, I thought I'd share some random photos that I took using my iPhone.  Sometimes it is just easier to snap a photo with your phone than the camera.

JC had reserved a minivan, but when we got to the Hertz counter, they upgraded us to a brand new SUV!  I mean, it only had 2,000 miles on it.  Talk about being paranoid the whole weekend.
Untitled

Untitled
This was our view from the condo.  We did not stay ocean front, but it was nice to have a water view.

Untitled

Even southern Florida was having unusually warm temps while were there.  It was in the low 80s and was wonderful!
Untitled

Each afternoon, we spent time at the outdoor pool!
Untitled

Untitled

We stayed on Marco Island.  It is beautiful...more populated than I had imagined, but still pretty.  I snapped this on the bridge as we were crossing over.
Untitled

On Saturday afternoon (after the Everglades experience), we headed out to the beach.  The sand was unbelievably white, but it was much harder and more compact than I was expecting.
Untitled

Untitled

Emma and Jackson both got in the ocean.  It was COLD though...a lot colder than we were expecting.

Saturday night we really just stayed around the condo, and JC got take out.  It was a beautiful night, and I was fortunate enough to sit out on the screened in porch reading a favorite magazine as the sun began to set.  It was heaven!
Untitled

I hope that we created some amazing memories for Jackson.  We try to convey to the kids just how fortunate they are.

We all had an amazing trip and spent some wonderful family time together.

4 comments:

Shirley Slee said...

Thanks for sharing, I'm longing to go on vacation!

abby's mom said...

All I need is the sun and a beach, and maybe an icy beverage! Looks like a fantastic time!

Jodee said...

What a fun trip! Love your pedi!

Anonymous said...

Marco is empty in the summer! Beautiful, very hot, but empty. Our fave :) It was busy because you were in snowbird season. Glad you had warm weather! :)

Blog Design by Caked Designs