Monday, January 28, 2013

MiMi's Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread

I have fond memories of helping my mother make Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread every year at Christmas.  She would deliver loaves to neighbors, and a lot of times, my sister and I would take a loaf in to our teachers.

So...I decided to make several loaves this year for our new neighbors.

Untitled

This recipe makes a mess and uses up lots and lots of bowls, but I promise, it is all worth it.

Untitled

INGREDIENTS
(makes 2 large loaves)

3 cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
3 eggs beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups mashed RIPE bananas (I would buy early and let them really ripen)
1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple
2 tsp vanilla

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and flour two 8.5" x 4.5" x 3" bread pans.
Untitled

Combine first 5 ingredients...
Stir in pecans.
Untitled

Combine remaining ingredients
Untitled

Add flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured pans.
Untitled

Bake at 350 for approximately one hour and 10 minutes or until done in center.

bread

It is delicious!

And it makes a pretty gift.

Untitled

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

banana bread is so of my favorites.

Blog Design by Caked Designs