Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Jackson's 13th Birthday

It's hard to believe that Jackson is a teenager now.  It seems like yesterday, he was just 3 or 4!

my jack at one

The week of Jackson's birthday, he let me take a few photos of him at our house.  Both boys never like to have their picture taken so I was extremely happy just to get these.

Jack full size first web

close up web

hoverboard


This year, Jackson really wanted to go skiing for his birthday especially since his birthday was on a  Saturday.  We found a really nice condo near Sugar Mountain ski resort that we rented for the weekend.  We went up after school on Friday and stopped in Boone to have dinner at the Japanese steakhouse that's been there for years.

Untitled

We were seated at a window by the courtyard.  They still had the Christmas tree decorated, and it looked beautiful!

Untitled

Untitled

Our chef was really funny.  He kept trying to get Emma to catch these "rice balls" in her mouth.  I don't think she ever got one.

Untitled


Untitled

Untitled

On Saturday we went skiing.  I thought I would try it this time.  That was a mistake.  I am not cut out for skiing at all.

Untitled

Untitled

Everyone else was able to pick up right where they left off.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

That night, Jackson blew out his candles and opened his birthday presents!

Untitled

Untitled

I think Jackson had a great time!

This was the view from our condo Sunday morning right before we left.

Untitled

No comments:

Blog Design by Caked Designs