Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Pier One Find

It is that time of year again!!! I have already started my yearly traditions of enjoying Peppermint Mochas from Starbucks and listening to my Christmas playlist on the iPod. It's true that every year we seem to rush Christmas and bypass Thanksgiving. I don't mind starting to decorate for Christmas early. That just helps my sanity level in December! As for Thanksgiving...we have not skipped that celebration yet. And I don't plan to any time soon. As a matter of fact, we are planning a huge meal at my in-law's house, and my mom, sister and her husband are all going with us.

Back to the topic...I was in Pier One Imports the other day. I don't shop there too often, but I always love their Christmas ornaments and decorations. This year, they have a section of International handblown glass ornaments. And, can you believe they had one painted like a Matryoshka doll? I bought all that my store had (some for me to keep as well as some to give as gifts). I think this ornament is so cute, and it makes me think of Emma every time I look at it. In fact, I have already decorated Emma's tree, and this ornament has found a home there.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

God's Girl said...

Ohhhh... I love it! I may have to get one for my daughter's tree. It is beautiful!!!

I am so excited for you! We brought our daughter home from St. Petersburg on January 25th, 2005. It was the most amazing time. I want to go back for her little sister soooooo bad.

When did you say you get to pick her up?

teg said...

Lovely! Let me know if you want me to check the Durham store for more of them for you.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Blog Design by Caked Designs